We provide an induction for all employees and volunteers in order to fully brief them about the setting, the families we serve, our policies and procedures, curriculum and daily practice.
Before any staff, volunteers arrive. We will ensure that if there was an outbreak of Covid 19, persons will be told about our systems in place.
This will also be included within the Induction process.
- We have a written induction plan for all new staff, which includes the following:
- Introductions to all employees and volunteers including management committee members.
- Familiarisation with the building, health and safety, and fire and evacuation procedures.
- Ensuring our policies and procedures are read and adhered to.
- Introduction to the parents, especially parents of allocated key children where appropriate.
- Familiarisation with confidential information in relation to any key children where applicable.
- Details of the tasks and daily routines to be completed.
- The induction period lasts at least two weeks. The manager inducts new employees and volunteers. A member of the senior management team inducts new managers.
- During the induction period, the individual must demonstrate understanding of and compliance with policies, procedures, tasks and routines.
- Successful completion of the induction forms part of the probationary period.
- Following induction, we continue to support our staff to deliver high quality performance through regular supervision and appraisal of their work.