We keep records and documentation for the purpose of maintaining our business/charity. These include:
- Records pertaining to our registration.
- Landlord/lease documents and other contractual documentation pertaining to amenities, services and goods.
- Financial records pertaining to income and expenditure.
- Risk assessments.
- Employment records of our staff including their name, home address and telephone number.
- Names, addresses and telephone numbers of anyone else who is regularly in unsupervised contact with the children.
We consider our records as confidential based on the sensitivity of information, such as with employment records. These confidential records are maintained with regard to the framework of the General Data Protection Regulations (2018), further details are given in our Privacy Notice and the Human Rights Act (1998).
This policy and procedure should be read alongside our Privacy Notice, Confidentiality and Client Access to Records Policy and Information Sharing Policy.
- All records are the responsibility of our management team who ensure they are kept securely.
- All our records are kept in an orderly way in files and filing is kept up-to-date.
- Our financial records are kept up-to-date for audit purposes.
- We maintain health and safety records; these include risk assessments, details of checks or inspections and guidance etc.
- Our Ofsted registration certificate is displayed.
- Our Public Liability insurance certificate is displayed.
- All our employment and staff records are kept securely and confidentially.
We notify Ofsted of any:
- change in the address of our premises;
- change to our premises which may affect the space available to us or the quality of childcare we provide;
- change to the name and address of our registered provider, or the provider’s contact information/my name, address or contact information;
- change to the person managing our provision;
- significant event which is likely to affect our suitability to look after children; or
- other event as detailed in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (DfE 2017).
- Genera Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (2018)
- Human Rights Act 1998