Children benefit from being taken outside of the premises on visits which enhance their learning experiences. We ensure that there are procedures to keep children safe on outings; all staff and volunteers are aware of and follow the procedures as laid out below.
- Any outings are to the main Kea CP school building or site (field, adventure playground, court).
- Permission is gained from parents for this on their application form.
- We ensure we take any medications that may be needed by the children and a first aid kit and tissues.
- We assess the risks for these areas and review them regularly.
- We ensure that all children on the outing are well supervised, that no child goes astray and that there is no unauthorised access to children.
- Staff frequently count the children.
- We apply sun cream to children as needed and ensure they are dressed appropriately for the type of outing and weather conditions.
- We take a mobile phone, a mini first aid kit and a list of children with us.